Saturday, February 19, 2005

I'm rambling here...

I just went to the German version of Home Depot, Obi, for no real reason. I realized that I had never been there, so I needed to check it out. It's really weird what you'll do for fun on a Saturday morning when you do watch cartoons and your friends are out of town. I ended up learning some new vocabulary...which I can totally also learn watching Tim Allen dubbed over in German...and buying some duct tape and two other random things from the sale bin. I couldn't help myself...55 cents each.

I feel really old today. No reason really. And I bet I will feel older tonight. I'm going to some Reggae Party with Astrid and her friends...who are all younger than me. But maybe being around younger people will make me feel younger? It could go either way. By the way, isn't it really weird that out of all the Germans I could make friends with, I picked one's obsessed with Reggae music? Yeah, that's random. German and Reggae = the new Peanut Butter and Jelly (which is a combination that the Germans never implement...but they have discovered Pineapple and Ham, which they use in Hawaii Pizzas and stuff...I don't get how they could see that combination of sweet and salty as legitimate while completely disregarding PB&J)

Oh, I need to admit to something that may be suprising to many of you. The whole European style of drinking bubbly mineral water finally got to me. I crave it. The other day I tried to order a bottle of water (with my wonderful chocolate croissant) and the lady said that she only had the non-bubbly, normal kind. I was really disappointed. The disappointment leads me to believe that I've been in Europe for too long. Just 5 months ago you would've had to pay me to drink that water...wow...I'm gonna need some Americanization therapy upon my return.

Two things that go together really well...like better than pineapple and ham...are public transportation and an ipod. It just enables you to tune out all of the annoying people on the train/bus and be in your own little world. I thoroughly enjoy it.

Well, my dad is coming in two days...I'm soooo excited!!!

Don't really know why I felt like rambling so, but I did...

No comments: